Friday, February 9, 2007

Leaving in T Minus 3 hours

I'm leaving for Egypt in a few short hours. I am so excited, but so nervous. I hope I've packed everything I need. I think I've done everything at work and with my brides that needs to be done. I'm ready.

Somehow I fit everything in my travel backback and my camera backpack- amazing! Of course, I left tons of room to bring goodies back for everyone :-)

So far, from what I know, my trip will start in Cairo, where I will of course see the pyramids while riding a camel. (This is a childhood dream! Whenever I was feeling sick, my mom and I would turn on the Discovery Channel and watch fascinating shows about ancient Egypt and all the pharos. I don't even know what I'll do when I see them!)

We'll be headed to Luxor at some point, and then off to spend a few days at the Red Sea for some snorkeling and eco-tourism. Lucky for you I bought a small underwater camera... let's just hope I figure out how to use it by then!

I am bringing my laptop with me and am hoping to share my experiences with you all as much as I can. There are rumors that Nic and Kate have wireless internet in their Cairo apartment- I hope it's true!
I'm looking forward to learning more about Egyptian culture and history, eating some fantastic food, listening to amazing music, and hanging out with a few of my closest friends.

Please keep in touch- leave comments!

My stuff... in two bags!!!

(an amazing feat)

No comments: